27.10.06

Rockin Friday

My tribute to all the rock bands and heavy players I have known and loved........ I wanna take a page off Kenny Ng who does regular rock band tributes by giving my very own condensed version.


Def Leppard



An English hard rock/heavy metal band from Sheffield who formed in 1977 at the time of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal. Thanks to their classic albums, Pyromania and Hysteria, Def Leppard became one of the top selling and influential rock bands in the 1980s. (Wikipedia)

My memory is during school days when the track "Pour Some Sugar Over Me" At that time I have not really known music other than those in the 60's, the Elvis, Temptations, etc and this was really refreashing to me. What I really liked thru out the years abt them is that though they play loud but you can actually hear the lyrics without going all deaf.

My fav all time tracks inc Animal, Rocket, Agmageddon It, Let's Get Rock and of course, Pour Some Sugar.


Aerosmith



Is a prominent American rock band, which regards itself as "America's Greatest Rock and Roll Band" Aerosmith, who have been performing as the original lineup for the past 22 years, have sold 140 million albums worldwide, and 66.5 million albums in the United States alone, making them the second bestselling American rock band, second only to The Eagles. (Wikipedia)

My first track from this band was Rock This Way the one with rapper Run DMC. I love them because they have this fashion rock thingy going on, the style is flashy but with class and down right crazy in their lyrics, sound and performance. Whenever they are playing, I feel like doing something illegal!

My fav tracks inc Love in the Elevator (those who knows the track will know what I mean by illegal :) Rag Doll, Just Push Play, Pink and Eat the Rich.

I think both Def Leppard and Aerosmith represent top picks for me when it comes to rock music and what I considered as evergreen rock bands cuz these guys will probably play till the end of time. There are other groups that really worth a mention inc,
  1. Deep Purple
  2. The Who
  3. Bon Jovi
  4. Guns and Roses
  5. Soundgarden
  6. Stone Temple Pilots
  7. Pearl Jam
  8. The Cult
  9. Creed
  10. Nickleback
So, have a rockin weekend and hope to heard from you again! Cheers!