5.1.06

A New Year New Blog Review

Hey, my page got reviewed.... again. Yep, a new review for the new year by Asian Blog Review. I do welcome reviews as it gives me new prespective as how others see this blog differs from mine and in turn helps me to explore new possibilities. So, below are the review notes in black and my comments in blue.


The Review:-

JoeC's blog has gone through several changes recently, mostly after he got reviewed (and ripped apart) by another site.
My first review was use as a gauge as to how I was doing in terms on my modifications to my blog, it is my experiment in what works and what was a little too creative. I like to see that it was not solely that first review acting like some key factor to my change. Even after the review, I was still making extreme changes.....

From a colouful background with hard to read font, he's changed to a white background, which is far easier on the eyes. He experimented with some orange font recently too, but thankfully has now switched to black.
I think my latest setup and layout works best because it does and from the feedback I've got so far, it has worked and confirmed my observations to be correct. Nothing beats black on white! The orange font was use earlier to make it stand out from the default blogspot green background. I think the orange was ok but can't be looked at for long periods of time. To me, as long as I see fit change and find a new angle to do so, it's gonna be tried out.


Quick question Joe, why is it JoeC Crash Pad and not JoeC's Crash Pad?
I didn't want the "s" bit because I find it be a little twisty but more importantly, it is not my crash pad per se. Crash is slang for to sleep or relax and Pad is slang for a place. Together, crash pad is a place to relax and it's not JoeC's because I want anyone who dropped by to call their own, feeling a little at home for a time out.


I like the picture at the top but it seems too large in my opinion. I'm using IE with an 800x600 resolution, so perhaps that's why it seems to take up so much space. Call me old fashioned if you like, but I'm not changing it anytime soon.
The picture size in effect plays a role, I want to generate a relaxed mood or breath taking tone.


The right bar is a bit long but it's neat, so no points deducted for that. However, the Crash Box seems to be out of order, so Joe, you need to look into that.
Not too sure but Cbox died on me without any warning, so, in its place is the all new chatterbox.


Content-wise, this is a personal blog so of course Joe talks about events in his day-to-day life, and sometimes comments on football as well. I like the Wacky Thursday posts, they're fun and interactive - although the focus on hot guys is a bit suspicious ;) The pictures used are small in size so they're not too distracting or annoying.
Wacky Thursday are requests from the lovely blogging ladies who want to see some hot guys, don't ask me why they want to. I did recently feature other things other than guys but the punters still want more hot guys... and some demanded hot girls as well.


However, I get bored with food posts and there seems to be a fair number in this blog. Joe, please write more about other topics.
For now, I'm still exploring possible angles to present different topics in different aspects. As a rule since day one in my first post, I will avoid to my best ability that there will be no posts on religion and politics. I like to share and food is one thing I like and share with my friends. On the other hand, I think there is room for more personal posts and an index for my posts as well.


Nothing really bad about this blog, but nothing really compelling either. Perhaps more opinionated posts would be good, and please fix the Crash Box. Also, not every post needs to contain photos/pics.
I find pictures sets up the mood and tone and it tells the readers in a visual expression, I love a good picture that fit the words. Content wise again, it's up to the individual point of view, I'm fortunate enough to know so many bloggers who take their time to visit this site. In turn, I look forward to read their posts as well.

I like to thank Asian Blog Review for his time and effort for putting up a review on my blog. So, if you are curious for a review in the asian style, please feel free to email Asian Blog Review. Cheers!